“You’ve always got a new story to write, and it will look nothing like your past”
Self-care!! It is a thing folks. You must care about yourself. Put your goals first. Put your dreams first. I mean really go out and go after what your heart desires. In order to do that you must create a routine of caring about others and yourself. I came across the idea to write this blog because I am obviously wanting to make a career out of blogging. I stay up late every night and get up every morning doing research and learning more. There is money in this. I believe in this.
For years my Instagram Bio has said “Ask Believe Receive”. This is something I truly live by. I speak things into existence pretty often. And that includes negativity. One of the things I dislike is when I hear people speak negatively about their lives or those close to them. If you have a child, moms, and you constantly repeat “So-and-So is BAD”. WELLLLL mom!! So-and-so will be bad because you have spoken so terribly on their little life. I really hate that one the most. I’ll usually be like “aww they’re not bad!”. The term bad has so many meanings and I just don’t like it. I pray that I feel this way when I have my little so-and-so. My little one WILL BE A SUPER ADVANCED BABY. See what I did there? lol
I have put together a few tips on how to start practicing self care, which is really going to enhance your Mental Health. Which is just as, if not more, then your physical health!! So take notes!
- Start every day with a smile.
- Smile at your self in the mirror! You are truly created by God and you’re beautiful!
- Create a to-do list in the mornings. Map out what you have to do, and hold yourself accountable!
- Stretch! Loosen up those muscles and make your body move!
- Care for yourself. Take a milk bath, hydrate your gorgeous skin, paint your nails and toes, do a hair mask.
- MAKE YOUR BED!!! Seriously, this is something that BOSSES do everyday and it makes a difference, trust me!! Every day. Make it a habit!
- Treat yourself with your favorite meal. Sometimes it feels good to eat alone and splurge. You deserve it honey!
- Turn that phone off. Disconnect. Very self-explanatory.
- Detox your body. Add lemon to some warm water to get rid of toxins. I do this at least 4 times a week. It’s life changing.
- Have gratitude! A grateful heart will be abundantly blessed!